Quickly Learn Photography Methods Professionals Use!
Get your questions answered, live and in-person, and really learn how to ‘see’ great photographs.
Go beyond the screen and register for a face–to–face class with a professional photographer.
Go beyond snapshots and create incredible photographs!
Are you stuck? Do you wish you knew what all of the buttons and settings on your camera were for? Have you seen a photo and thought “I wish I could take that kind of picture!”?
You can take those kind of pictures! I’ve been teaching photography for as long as I can remember, and I made PhotographyMethods.com to help you find the answers and classes you need.
The internet is full of free information on how to use cameras – youtube has thousands of incredible photographers sharing their secrets, and you can absolutely learn that way! My students find that my information is well–organized, easy to follow, and all in one place to help them learn and become confident photographers fast!
Plenty of people love online learning and – when I want to learn a new technique or check out gear before I get my hands on it – I scour YouTube too! My group classes go beyond the screen and bring my 3 decades of experience to people just like you to accelerate your learning and leave no question unanswered!
I am developing a free online course that will bring you up to speed on the basics of photography and teach you the methods the pros use everyday. If you’d like to be notified when it’s ready, sign up here and I’ll email you when it’s available.
What is the point of a class when everything is online?
- Everyone learns differently and most people need structure and accountability!
- The internet is full of great information, but where does that leave you when you have questions? I’m a professional who has been stuck before too, I like actually helping people learn the techniques and shortcuts of the pros.
- My classes cut out the time you’d spend scouring the internet for the right information and get you all the resources you need to be taking incredible photos quickly.
- Learning with other people is fun and helps you retain what you’ve learned much better.
- When you learn with a group you’ll meet other people who have the same passion and desire to learn and grow, plus, most of our students are happy to be subjects for your photos, it’s win–win!
- You’re only as good as the time you spend practicing. It’s a simple fact that you won’t get better if you don’t practice. My classes move you toward your goals quickly and predictably.
- My classes are intentionally structured with limited class sizes, in–person interaction, photography adventures and online lessons that accelerate your learning to build you into a confident photographer.
What will you learn? The basics to the specifics!
Believe me, we’ve all been there, staring at a new camera trying to figure out what all the buttons do and how to get to the right mode for what you need. You pick a setting, take the picture, and BAM! it’s blurry! Don’t worry, by the end of my classes you’ll know how easy it is to take incredibly sharp, beautiful pictures every time.
- I cover the basic functions – ISO, Shutter Speed, and Aperture – and then take you to the next level for complete creative control over your photographs.
- You’ll understand the “rules” of photography for making great compositions and how to break them!
- Grasp the elements of exposure and how to use the appropriate settings to create perfectly exposed photos.
- I’ll go in–depth on Aperture and Shutter Speed with shortcuts we use as Pros to make it easy to create amazing photos.
- Learn the secrets of Lighting & Focus and how to select times and locations to create stunning images.
- Understand how professionals handle image files and post–processing so you can speed up your workflow!
- Master timesaving methods on posting your images online and getting your work seen.
- Meet other photographers while visiting great locations around Colorado’s front range and building your community of like–minded people!
Go beyond the screen, get up–close and personal!
If you want to take your photography to the next level, you’ve got to step out from behind the screen and get into the real world. My face–to–face classes are the quickest way to take you beyond the glowing rectangles into a thriving community of real photographers.
Choose from a 1–week intensive or a 6–week in–depth class. Each class introduces you to a whole new world of photography you’ve not seen before at a pace that works for you.
My classes are small. Each one has a maximum of 6 students and there’s often a waiting list. Make sure to register well ahead of time for the session you want!
Small classes mean more effective learning and you’ll be amazed how much you grow as a photographer in such a tight–knit group.
Face–to–face class time is hands–on time. Lessons are structured in a hybrid approach that will give you the information you need ahead of time – through my learning platform – and then practical experience right next to a Pro.
All classes currently meet around the Denver, Colorado metro area and, depending on whether you select the intensive or in–depth class, we meet at locations throughout the metro or within about a 45 minute drive of downtown Denver. Our class locations include meeting spaces at local libraries as well as parks and trails where we can take great photos together.
Intensive classes meet for about an hour each day and in–depth classes meet for an hour and a half.
I have plans to expand my classes and workshops in the future, so please let me know if you’d like me to set up some classes near you. I would love to hear what you’re looking for!
6-Day Intensive – $300
Over 6 hours of instruction with a professional!
6-Week In–Depth – $600
Over 12 hours of instruction with a professional!
Intensive Class Dates
New Class Schedules Coming Soon
In–Depth Class Dates
New Class Schedules Coming Soon
Learn From a Pro!
My daughter and I pose for a selfie while on a camping trip!
When I was 8 years old I first picked up a camera. That was a LONG time ago in a different universe. There was this stuff called film you had to be careful not to expose to light unless it was inside the camera or your pictures would be ruined! (Ask me how I learned that.) Then you had to take it to a store and pay to have it developed! ACK! It took FOREVER. I’m not that patient.
Yes, I grew up with film cameras, and I still love them. I have been a passionate photographer for over 30 years! I’ve been fortunate to work professionally in photography and videography for much of that time and I really enjoy helping other people find new ways to express themselves.
I love teaching and meeting artists and absolutely believe the hands–on approach is the best approach. Whether you want to take better photos of your family, pets, or anything else, let me help you hone your creative skills so you can realize your artistic vision!
Let me know what you’re looking for –
I’m working on schedules for 2021 summer classes, as well as finishing up my free online course. If you’re interested in signing up for a class please let me know and I’ll email you when the new schedules are up and the free class is ready!